If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

1,000 point Club, but.....

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
Birdswin
Junior

Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:13 am

Very nice to see a lot of the former Great Players and other players who came back as well. That was a good event. prior to the game.

Then to have a smaller crowd - that was a shame. 4,500+ on a Saturday night conference game - not good.

The first half might have been the best first half of the year - working hard on defense, shots on offense in rhythm for the most part - and Horne's play at the end of the half - brilliant.

Then - total embarrassment - we cannot change/adjust to what Valpo changed on defense and offense. This reminded me a lot of the MVC championship game versus UNI a number of years ago.

43-26 at halftime - with 7:53 to go - the under 8 minute timeout - we had 49 - a whole 6 points in the second half, and those came in the first 5 minutes. Can that be any more embarrassing? I am sure the former players were just shaking their heads and wondering how a once proud program, with a nice arena - which their success helped build - come to this low point.

What a bummer ending to what started as a good night.
Trey_Guidry4three
Junior

Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:27 pm

Yep, terrible. How many were at this game? From TV it looked like about 3500
TIMMY
Senior

Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:56 pm

Had a great time with the exception of the second half. It was really good to be able to catch up a little with Roger Powell, Joe Galvin and Derrick Mayes. Some really funny Shannigans stories with Joe. Those were good times at ISU and we're all getting older. Really thankful to have that opportunity.

Birdswin you are there all the time but that was the worst student turnout I've ever seen. And I've got to say I'm 62 and I felt like a youngster in that crowd. The fanbase that shows up is getting pretty old.

We sat up in the Loge section and that' was awesome. Nice little menu and very cold beer. I'll fly that way from now on.

Doug didn't look very happy sitting down there during that second half. I guess no one did.
The FOE feature is easily accessible on the top line of your User Control Panel. :D
Birdswin
Junior

Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:51 am

Well, outside of the Belmont game, when they gave away jersey's - the student sections have been sparsely populated at best - I would say close to vacant most games.
ricohill
Senior

Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:16 am

Birdswin wrote:
Well, outside of the Belmont game, when they gave away jersey's - the student sections have been sparsely populated at best - I would say close to vacant most games.
What makes it worse visually is the move to two student sections on opposite sides. At least if everyone was on one side you wouldn't notice it as much. The sad thing is they removed season ticket holders from their seats to make that change.
Last edited by ricohill on Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Impeach Dietz, Lyons, and Muller
Redbird222
Senior

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:24 am

ricohill wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:16 am
Birdswin wrote:
What makes it worse visually is the move to two student sections on opposite sides. At least if everyone was on one side you wouldn't notice it was much. The sad thing is they removed season ticket holders from their seats to make that change.
Yes 100% agree
PurpleRedbird
Sophomore

Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:36 am

I was there as usual and had a great time. Wish Boyd and Abdou would have been healthy to play in 2nd half as I think we would have had a different outcome. Hope both aren't too bad.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

crazzymark
Sophomore

Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:18 pm

Maybe Doug would come back and coach...wish i could of been there.